There are 5 trip reports for Mount Longonot.
- Log #13176 - by Gerry Whitehouse on Mar 05, 2002Great view of rift valley.Take along KWS Ranger,(Buffalo,bandits).Good day trip from Nairobi.
- Log #13177 - by Conan Harrod on Sep 24, 2001Excellent Mountain for an easy days walking. Excellent walk around the crater rim before rushing back to Nairobi to catch the 1pm bus to Arusha.
- Log #13178 - by Brian Woods on Sep 23, 2001I was leading a school group from Nairobi School. The mountain is covered with dense rainforest, fumeroles were steaming from rocks at the base. It didn't take long to climb to the crater edge - a...
- Log #19005 - by Rebekah Barker on Feb 14, 2006A steep clamber up with amazing views from the top. Some fairly scary bits near the edges of the rim. You do need to be fit to get up and I would recommend doing it as early as possible in the...
- Log #20576 - by Susie Newman on Jan 05, 2007Well when I climed it was VERY hot so it was quite tiring, but once you get to the top it is well worth it. The walk around the crater is good to as you get to see all the views.