|Best months for climbing:||Jan, Feb, Mar, Oct, Nov, Dec|
|Year first climbed:||1800|
|First successful climber(s):||Alejandro de Humboldt|
|Nearest major airport:||Aeropuerto Internacional Simon Bolivar|
Thanks to Andrȳ Vidal for adding this peak.
It's a nice mountain to climb. The west side is most popular and it's not difficult to climb. The east side requires good fisical conditions. On the summit, the turistic point is called "La Cruz de los Palmeros" because of a 3 meters high cross and the sight of the city is really amazing.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: Coastal Venezuela, Coastal South America, or South America. For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Pico Oriental.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #20861 - by Eloy G. Boulton on July 05, 2007It is a beautiful 3 1/2 hour hike by the 2 main routes stablished. The easiest one is the so called "Ruta de Humboldt", used by Alexander Von Humboldt the 2 of january 1800 to climb by the first time...
- Log #13192 - by Gabriel Paris on Oct 30, 2004It's a very complete exercise ascending this mountain from Caracas. The very top doesn't have panoramic view, since vegetation around is tall, but the nearby "Cruz de los Palmeros" (a 10...
- Log #13193 - by centro excursionista nemesis on June 13, 2004Se encuentra dentro del Parque Nacional El Avila, presenta 4 rutas para ascender. La primera por Altamira,La segunda por Dos Caminos subiendo por el Estribo Cachimbo, la tercera por Galipan_Hotel...
- Log #13194 - by centro excursionista nemesis on Dec 03, 2003Es un paseo que todo excursionista tiene que realizar ya que además del ejercicio f'sico extenuante, tiene la recompensa de observar a Caracas desde 2640 metros. Buena opción
- Log #13196 - by Sergio Perez Acosta on June 09, 2001Cumbre de entrenamiento por excelencia !!! CEU (Centro Excursionista de la Universidad Central de Venezuela)
- Log #13197 - by Daniel Mora on May 28, 2001tremendo pico verde en caracas, vayan y tripeenlo!!