|Range/Region:||Midwest-Great Lakes Area|
|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Duluth|
|Convenient Center:||Grand Maris|
Eagle Mountain is the tallest point in the state of Minnesota. It rises over 300 feet above Brule Lake in the BWCA. It is a great climb for anyone who is a Reinhold Messner or himalyan veteran. I recommend snowshoeing up the mountain in the winter.
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: Midwest-Great Lakes Area, North American Plains, or North America. For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 9 trip reports for Eagle Mountain.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22066 - by Bjacobs on Sep 08, 2010Started out from the trailhead at about 9 AM. The trail was very rocky but easily hike-able. Nice overlook just below the actual peak were I met two other hikers taking in the view of the numerous...
- Log #21876 - by Caj E Svensson on Feb 11, 2010This is a good hike in the woods and up to the top of the mountain. The view is nice. For me, this was hp #40, and the forth of six during a 2,500 mile road trip in September 2006.
- Log #13223 - by
Logan Hufford on Oct 29, 2004It was a scorcher that afternoon. Hot and bristling, the Minnesota sun beat down on my already flaming body. Nine-inch mosquitoes swarmed amongst the group. The not-so-distant roar of some inhumane...
- Log #13224 - by Steve Hufford on Oct 29, 2004High pointing for the first time, I figure Eagle Mountain was a good way to start, being a relatively easy hike with minimal altitude gain. After spending the previous day and night in quaint...
- Log #13225 - by John Nelson on Dec 10, 2003I have climbed Eagle Mountain on two occasions, from both the South side and the North side of the trail. The route from the South is fairly short and easy, with a very well defined trail. The route...
- Log #13226 - by Steve Reisdorf on Apr 24, 2003Wonderful hike if you are in the north shore area. My wife and I, along with our two sons, made the round trip in about 4 hours. Just short of the summit there is an area where the trees open up and...
- Log #13227 - by
Mike Westereng on Sep 03, 2002If your anywhere near Grand Maria I highly recomend this easy hike. You get a fairly nice view near the top. I would recomend camping at one of the two camp sites if you had the time and spend the...
- Log #13228 - by brent pattison on Sep 22, 2001great hike beautiful scenery not a hike for the inexperienced hiker i know i got a good work out.get there early because people say that minnesota is so cold boy do i have a bone to pick with them if...
- Log #13229 - by Peter Agren on May 21, 2001My 8th highpoint! This is an easy half-day hike. Six miles roundtrip and only 600ft. of elevation. Took us an 1 1/2 hours to get up at a leisurely pace including a stop at Whale Lake.