|Best months for climbing:||May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Sligo (Dublin)|
|Convenient Center:||Donegal (Carrick, Glencolumbkille)|
Slieve League is one of the highest sea cliffs in Europe with one of the most spectecular sceneries in Ireland.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 6 trip reports for Slieve League.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #13448 - by Brendan Hegarty on May 17, 2002Hi, my brother, father (a native Teelin) and I decided to hike Sliabh Liag on the 21st of March, 2002. We came over on spring break. coming in on the bus from Dublin (a bumpy ride) and seeing the...
- Log #13449 - by John & Rhetta Sweeney on May 16, 2002February 23, 2002. We drove down from Buncrana for the day and went the car park (closed) above Teelin and hiked in above the lake. Got to the edge and had to turn back due to gale force winds, rain...
- Log #13450 - by Cecilia Donegan on Jan 24, 2002Jim and I were married at St. Columba's in Carrick, County Donegal on 10/27/01. We met along with our family and friends the morning after in Carrick. Drove a bit of the way and then walked the rest...
- Log #13451 - by Sean McNelis on Jan 15, 2002Being from Teelin I must admit that I did not do the full climb until I was 17. It was fantastic and the next time I was on a break from college in 1994 I brought along 2 friends Brian and Conor....
- Log #13452 - by Christopher Hunter on July 17, 2001Climbing Sliabh Liag from the Bunglass carpark above the village of Teelin was without doubt the most amazing thing i did during my 6 months in Ireland. At times i was just following the tracks of...
- Log #13453 - by Klaas Hens on July 16, 2001Hello, I'm Klaas Hens from Belgium, 17years old and my English is not that good. I went to Ireland (Donegal)2 months ago for 11days to hike. One day, we (me and two friends) tried to climb (hike) the...