|Nearest major airport:||Pucón|
Thanks to Miguel "MR_CuYaYa" Rodriguez for adding this peak.
Volcán Villarrica is a volcano dominating over the lake of the same name. Northern slope conforms a highly visited ski center. Last erupted in 1984. Lodging is available in Pucón or in Villarrica.
Sorry, we don't currently have the latitude and longitude of Volcan Villarrica in our database. Therefore we can't show this peak on a map.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 8 trip reports for Volcan Villarrica.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #2283 - by
marcelo krings on July 20, 2004Um bello paseo en la montana.
- Log #2284 - by
Ben Bonnaerens on June 19, 2004Stood on top of this perfect-shaped volcano on my way to Southern Patagonia.Nearly passed-out on the top because of the sulphur gasses coming out of the crater
- Log #2285 - by Pedro Hauck on Dec 22, 2002Motanha facil e inesquecivel... quem não teria a curiosidade de escalar um vulcao em atividade, e um dos mais nervosos!!! escalei em 2000, viajando de carona pela Patagonia
- Log #2286 - by Roland Haas on Dec 01, 2002Villarica is a busy place, but a wonderful ski-touring terrain, too! We enjoyed the views from the crater - in all directions! But the best part was skiing down the whole lot: 1.500 m in corn snow......
- Log #2287 - by Nick Mew on Aug 05, 2002A fun day out, though somewhat tarnished by the false start the day before due to weather. Actually more tarnished due to the decision to drink all day when it was called off, getting to bed at 1am...
- Log #2288 - by Michel SIGNER on Sep 30, 2001Expedition de groupe depuis Pucon.
- Log #2289 - by Werner Keller on Feb 28, 2001The official Villarrica Volcano Web Site is: http://www.geo.mtu.edu/~boris/VILLARRICA.html
- Log #2290 - by Miguel "MR_CuYaYa" Rodriguez on Jan 13, 2001My first snow-topped mountain climbed. I was in horrible shape for the climb, but nevertheless I managed to get to the top. The way up is not hard for anyone used to trekking on snow. The view of the...