|Best months for climbing:||Feb, Mar, Aug, Sep|
|Nearest major airport:||Sibiu|
This is peak it's situated in eastern Europe, in Romania, in Fagaras mountains. Best for climbing this mountain are august and September, but a spectacular and relativ technical climb is in the winter , in February or March. In the winter wether condition could be extreme with 100-130km/h winds and -20 to -30 degrees Celsius, but it's nice. In the summer it's a easy route.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Moldoveanu.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #22412 - by Sven Bugarski on Sep 25, 2013After landing in Bucharest, we (a party of two) took a rental car at the airport and drove in the night to the moutain, which was without any problems. We slept a few hours until the sun had risen...
- Log #20201 - by David Adamson on Sep 27, 2006An easy, but rewarding peak, at least the way we did it. We were a group of 13 young people (19 & under) and 4 adutls. We started in Started at Victoria Strand (approx 550 m) and used the blue &...
- Log #13688 - by
Alin Tutac on Aug 08, 2003Moldoveanu Peak yhe higest peak in romania gives you an inexplicabil feeling,while you are climbing Vistea Mare a hard session before the final part.You need to be there to know and experience this...
- Log #13689 - by Denes Alexandru on July 15, 2002It's a nice climb( 22 m) from Vistea Mare, its' nearby neighbour, although rather difficult if you have a rucksack.The view was superb, the weather was unusually clear for Fagaras, and I could see as...
- Log #13690 - by Nae Scripcariu on July 08, 2002We spent the night at Valea cu Pesti and left for the peak at 6 AM. Entered the Buda Valley (key for the barier is kept at the nearby cotage) and drove up about 6 km till the place where the road was...
- Log #13691 - by Adi on Jan 22, 2001solo attempt 20-feb-1998...
- Log #13692 - by Adi Valean on Jan 27, 2000This is a highest peak in Roumania, eastern Europe. It is situated in Fagaras mountains , in central zone of the country. A description for this peak it' s shown below: from peak-to the...