Kor/Ingalls Route (5.9) Beautiful, man just Beautiful!!!!!!!!
|Best months for climbing:||Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct|
|Year first climbed:||1961|
|First successful climber(s):||Layton Korr& Huntley Ingalls|
|Nearest major airport:||SLC|
|Convenient Center:||Moab, Utah|
Download any of the following KML maps for use in the full screen Google Earth application: . For more information, see our Google Earth page.
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 7 trip reports for Castleton Tower.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #19465 - by Phil Stokes on Mar 31, 2006Met some guides from Moab rigging for a movie, they said the next Austin Powers, but I don't know about that. Climbed the north chimney, four pitches is a logistical nightmare with a party of five,...
- Log #18775 - by mark mclaughlin on Feb 14, 2006wow! met and partied with some backcountry guilds from new zeland the night before the climb. the climb was great with great views from the top. rap was ok. do it!
- Log #13705 - by joey dempster on Mar 31, 2003Planned to haul bags up and spend the night on the top. Bags got stuck in north chimney. Ran out of light. Party was strung out on route so no retreat possible.
- Log #13706 - by
Chris Thayer on Mar 23, 2003My first desert tower! Lets keep it open.
- Log #13707 - by Shayne Durfee on Jan 14, 2003The north chimneys is a must do.
- Log #13708 - by Jodie and Ray Weber on Nov 05, 2002Climbed the North Chimney and Kor Ingalls routes
- Log #13709 - by Ben Folsom on Sep 18, 2001Over the past thirteen years I have climbed this tower a number of times via The Kor-Ingalls, North Chimney, North Face, Little White Lieback, and Black Sun. Some fun desert climbing!