Chinook Peak Trip Report (#22488)
- Signed By: theyogiclimber
- Date submitted: September 08, 2014
- Date(s) climbed: September 7, 2014
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Perfect weather. This was a busy Sunday, parking lots were overflowing. Encountered some people while on the Pacific Crest Trail. Once off the PCT, nobody else. Very little evidence that anyone had been up recently, so this peak sees little in terms of ascents. However, there was a large swarm of flying ants directly on the summit rock. Bear scat was noticed on the south ridge.