Castor Trip Report (#22134)
- Signed By: Caj E Svensson
- Date submitted: February 08, 2011
- Date(s) climbed: September 8, 2009
- Number of People Encountered:11-25 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
We, Eva, Caj and Anders, started out from the Val d'Ayas hut in almost alpine way just before dawn. Climbed the south slope and across the bergschrund to reach the summit ridge. Nice and narrow path to the summit and further on east. Descended back into Italy to the Sella hut.
We tried the Nose the next day, but my ancles wore and it was very icy this late in the season. No real ice gear so we went back to the Sella hut, downclimbed to Bellefurka and got a cab ride back to Zermatt.
A really good first week of September with a lot of sun. It turned out that my boots were a kind of badly designed model and I got a new pair in 2010.