Mount Davis Trip Report (#22431)
- Signed By: Caj E Svensson
- Date submitted: October 10, 2013
- Date(s) climbed: September 1, 2001
- Number of People Encountered:0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Eva and I moved to Pennsylvania in August of 2001 and got settled after some time. For the Labor Day weekend, we planned for a hiking trip and found a description of a trail on Mt Davis in a guide book. Seemed nice with a mountain in Pa.
We hiked on a loop trail in the woods in nice and sunny weather. We saw a big rattlesnake on the trail, in the sun, and had to bushwack around it. Reaching the lookout tower on the top, we realized that this was the highest mountain in Pennsylvania.
Little did we then know what to come with highpointing and climbing.
This is the ascent of our 1st State Highpoint.